Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reiki and my Colonoscopy

Yesterday I had a colonoscopy. This was a run-of-the-mill-you're-over-50 peek at my colon. Although I was nervous at what they might find, I was more nervous because I was seeing a new doctor for this exam and I was being completely sedated which was all new to me as well. So how do I calm my nerves? With Reiki of course. I used Reiki healing before I had to do the cleansing the previous day, and the process, although not wonderful, was no where no the unpleasant experience it could have been. As for the procedure itself, I again did another healing on myself the morning of the procedure and found that even though I was nervous, I wasn't as freaked out as I could have been and found myself relaxed once I was on the table. Once I was hooked up to the intravenous apparatus, I was fine and the next thing I knew I was done. I had very little grogginess or discomort afterwards and spent the rest of the day relaxing and happy that my colonoscopy gave me a clean bill of health (at least for my colon). Reiki is wonderful for these types of situations. Any minor or major trip to the doctor can quickly be releived by a Reiki healing session. I might add that even though I was nervous, all my vital signs were good including my blood pressure which tends to spike during these medical procedures. I have Reiki to thank for that. When you surround yourself with positive energy and allow that energy to flow through you, all good things are possible. Blessings, love and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment